Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting my legs working well again

Yesterday I took a day off riding, which was probably not a good idea. There wasn't time to get out and ride in spite of the amazing weather. Today my legs were still feeling a little rough, but not as bad as Monday. I got out for an pretty easy ride and focused on riding at a lower cadence and heart rate on a fairly flat route from downtown Raleigh, through NC State's campus and Dix Hospital.

I got stronger as the ride went on as my legs loosened up. I rode a steady average pace of 17.3 mph and 152 bpm heart rate. My climbing got stronger as the ride went on, which was good considering the climbs were mostly at the end of the ride. Maybe I actually rode a recovery ride without letting my need for speed to get the better of me. I hope I can get coaching to give me some real feedback on stuff like this.

Tomorrow is going to be in the mid 70's and I'm hoping I can get over to the Saturday race route to know what I'm facing going into the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment